Saturday, June 9, 2007

Our Fun Day at BYU

We (me and my kids, Pinky and Julio + kids, Carolina & Andrea) went to BYU yesterday and had some fun at the Dinosaur Museum. The kids really loved it. Carma even loved it. She was scared at first but then she loved it so much she was asking to go back all day. Judson loved the big shells b/c he loves to collect snail shells, we were AMAZED at how big those shells were. I mean the snail that came out of one of those would seriously have to be bigger than a large dog. How horrific would that be? I guess not that bad since I hopefully would be able to outrun it still. MAYBE.
We then thought it would be a good idea to visit their aquarium while we were there. It wasn't. We walked across campus, the kids were bumping into all the students (Carma even bumped into someone and then bonked her head on the hard tile). We get to the "aquarium" (it really should be called fish bowl) and there we 4 tiny tanks with brown water and huge fish that are too big for the tank. Our visit there lasted a total of 2 minutes. Then we went to the Eyring Science center. That was pretty cool. There was a pendulum, magnetic gloves, and this cool thing that you look at and creates an illusion of a free hanging lightbulb. The boys loved it. It was a pretty good day and I am getting better about taking the kids in public alone. I do think we spent too much time there and Carma and I were grumpy at the very end.

We also got to go to a bbq at Laura Elena's (Michaels cousin) to meet Lynette's (Michaels cousin's) new husband, I think his name is Pat? He seemed pretty nice. It's always fun to get together with them. I am glad they moved back from Arizona. That was our second bbq of the week and tonight we have ANOTHER one at Cynthia's house. There is no way I can eat another hamburger without puking. I am going to marinate some Salmon right after I am done with this.

The weather has been so nice the past 2 days. I am still training for my half marathon and it is going pretty well. I made it 4.5 miles much easier than last week but I am suppose to be at 5 already... crap. I kept waiting to get thin before doing a half marathon(it has been one of my goals for several years) but that just wasn't happening and my age is. So with the help of Jenny, I decided to work out everyday without focusing on losing weight or food. Well, I lost a couple of lbs, but the food part is SO HARD. No worries though b/c I am on my way to accomplishing my goal of completing a half marathon and it feels great!!

3 comments:

Dana Marie said...

Your spiel about the large snail made me laugh. You're too much! WTG with the training! Keep it up!!

Dana Marie said...

Will you please tell Judson that I LOVE seeing pictures of him and I hope he lets you take more of him for me to see?

becki said...

what a fun day you had. keep up the trips with the kids because the more you go the better they get!! well....sometimes!