Today was filled with so many things to do. First we went to the Library for the kick off for "Get a clue" reading program. It was like a carnival of sorts. There were different booths and activities for the kids to do. Judson and Carma had a blast. Mario is in the same session.... imagine that~ my second son; Judson's twin. They all had fun. Judson was really good at shooting the balls off the soda bottles, but he enjoyed making the finger print animals the most. I need to do this craft at home. Carma just ran around doing whatever she pleased, as usual. She did sit still enough for me to get her hand print. It is so cute and little.
We then came home (well Judson went to his second home, Mario's) and Carma and I hosted Activity day's. We painted a banner for Strawberry days. The girls loved it, but no one got as messy as Carma. It was ALL over her. I am just glad it is done and looks good enough to pass as our Ward's banner.
THEN I picked Judson up, grabbed Little Caesars Pizza (YUK!- NOT worth the fat!) we had the missionaries over for another discussion with Carolina. She is doing great and still on schedule for her baptism June 23. (Can you believe that the Elders have 5 baptisms that day?! FIVE- Ben was that normal out here?) It is funny when she learns something she never heard of; such as Garments, and not drinking coffee. She was like "WHAT??" You didn't tell me that!" But she goes home and thinks and prays and is OK with everything eventually. I am so excited for her and we have become such good friends She adores Carma and Judson and you know I love that too. The missionaries aren't nearly as lame as I though they were either. They are good guys. It just took a while to warm up. They probably think I am one step away from being apostate. It seems like when we talk about things I am a half butt Mormon. We talked about fasting and Carolina was like "Kiki, do you do this?" I was like... uhhhh, well.... uhhh.... hehehe. Maybe a couple times a year". Then one of them said "The Lord gave us a commandment to fast..." I was thinking "I thought that was more of a guideline, not a commandment.... did I ever even go on a mission???"
THEN we went outside for some swim fun at the neighbors house. They have the coolest slide pool thing. We played outside for a couple of hours. I didn't get a picture of this, but I am sure I will get a one since we are invited at least twice a week and they look so cute in their swim suits. Judson LOVES the slide/pool, I can't get him inside. I am NOT complaining. I did have to finally drag him in for quiet time though b/c he gets grumpy with too much sun and activity. I actually told him he had to play Xbox or watch a movie... what mother encourages this behavior? Just kidding.
I didn't get to write that yesterday Judson had another baseball game. But Diva Carma threw the biggest fit she has ever thrown b/c she wanted milk. And I felt guilty b/c I forgot to give her a drink when she woke up so the aggravation and guilt drove us to McDonalds while the game was going one. THEN once we got there it took us 15 minutes to get to the field he was playing on b/c she wanted to stop and look at everyones sun umbrella's. arrghhhh Once we got to the field she noticed the playground located just 40 feet away and that was all she wanted. Needless to say, I saw LESS than 2 minutes of the game and was sweating like pig chasing her. It was this time that I decided to schedule my hysterectomy for Nov 1. I have since calmed down but not sure if I will ever mother another child under that age of 4 ~ as cute as they are... aww, how can I say that? Speaking of, I have to go calm her down. She is freaking out in her room. The point to the story was that I didn't get to get any pictures of his game, but I got some of Carma at the Park.
2 comments:
I love that whole story post today - fun!... uh why am I up at 2:45 AM reading your blog? I guess I have major no sleep syndrome... I'm so psychotic!!
Sounds like fun! Cute pictures!! I love Carma's pink & brown outfit. I hope that paint comes out!
Post a Comment