OK, three kids has been a HUGE adjustment for us. Having a new baby and no sleep is harder than I remembered, but I guess that is the plan. Make us forget what NO sleep feels like so we will do it again. I THOUGHT I remembered, but I was way off... this is harder. I am finally getting more used to it and trying to learn how to juggle kids and household stuff, which leaves no time for things like... ME! What is a shower? or working out? Oh, well, there will be time for that soon enough.. I HOPE. The 3 hours of sleep a night is getting easier too. So all is good. But the hard thing is that I FINALLY feel alive and can do things now, but I can't. All I can do is sit and hold him, so he better be glad he is adorable!!
The reason I never post anymore is that I have to choose between posting and cleaning during the minutes he isn't demanding to be held. I always choose cleaning since my house is a good 5 months behind on cleaning. Soooo... I will try to post more often and I have a million blogs to read. Hopefully I will get to your blogs soon.... I miss reading them.
Wyatt Update:
He had breastfeeding jaundice... yes my breast milk caused his jaundice to get worse, so I quit nursing for 3 days and only did formula... it got better and now I am back to nursing. HURRAY! He seems to be doing much better. He is 5 weeks and already 12 lbs. That went by SO fast. He is starting to smile and coo and I am reading his cries a little better. The smiles make everything SO worth it. He is SOOOOOO CUTE!!! You know you are in love when totally sleep deprived and you have to stay up to make sure you don't miss a singe smile or coo at 2:00 am. Michael and I just melt.
The kids are getting used to him too. Carma seems to be a tiny bit less sensitive and understands that I can't jump up at every request. She is more sincere at her affections toward him, it is pretty cute. It is SOOO hard to give what I feel is adequate attention for Judson and Carma. Also a challagne to have energy to feel and give the love that I want and feel I need to. That is so hard and the guilt is almost overwhelming at times. I wish I were more patient and less high strung. Talk about refiners fire... too bad that I just feel the burn... burnt actually. I hope to get better at this.
OHHHHH, I wanted to say thank you to Yolanda Gripe Water and Thank you to the Makers of Gripe Water!! This stuff is AMAZING!!! Totally different baby. He has been so much better, still wants to be held ALL DAY and night, but it is better and he sleeps for 2 hours at a time now. I swear to not eat beans for at least 2 months after last night, even though I am sure it would have been worse with out GW... I LOVE beans and will miss them...sniff sniff.
OK, now I am just rambling....
8 comments:
WELCOME BACK!
And I totally understand.
Don't use too much of your precious time reading blogs. They're not urgent or important. Except mine.
Holy MOly he looks JUST like Michael!!! He's sooo cute!!! I am soooo sorry you are so tired. I still remember it pretty well and that completely SUCKSSSSSSSSSS. What was God thinking??? :) You are my hero to have 3 kids. Really.
He is SOOO darling! He has already gotten so big, and he is such a mini-Judson! How fun!
You've got a lot on your plate right now. I'm guessing you will slowly but surely find a bit of time for all those things you used to do but haven't been able to do lately. He's only five weeks old. :-)
Oh he is super cute. Adjusting to another baby is always a trick! I'm glad you are doing well!
Leave out the guilt. No reason OR room for that. I'm sure you're doing your best and HE IS ADORABLE. What a perfect mix of both of you.
Please enjoy just sitting there - it really is okay to let other things go. This time in life is so fleeting. I love being in an "old people ward" because all the ladies here remind me of that. Babies don't stay babies. Someday you'll sleep again and live again, but he'll never be tiny again!
(I know, though, it's still hard...)
Love ya!
um, i still haven't recovered from getting no sleep with henry... four years ago.
what a cute kid. i want one just like that. :)
isn't gripe water fantastic?? wendy h. hooked me up with some and it has been a blessing!! kiki...he is absolutely beautiful! enjoy these times...because like you said, somehow you always forget the sleepless nights!
hey, how are you doing ? i changed my blog address. Now it's bartholomewclan@blogspot.com
you really have a cute baby
Post a Comment