Thursday, December 18, 2008

Merry Stinkin' Christmas





We have a family tradition, with Michaels side of the family, that all the families write a Christmas letter and everyone gets one. I finally completed ours! Grandma and Grandpa have 69 grandchildren and 67 great grandchildren. Only the married couples are "required" to do a letter. Not all of the grandchildren are married, so we end up making and receiving about 40 copies. I am not going to lie, I usually whine, moan and stress about about writing it (even though once I am working on it I enjoy it). Michael and I take turns doing it every other year. This year was so my turn and to my surprise much easier than I anticipated. I just took excerpts from my blog throughout the year and turned it into a calendar. It was so fun to go and read my blog throughout the year, I forgot how much fun we had this year and how fast Judson and Carma are growing up. And my little Wyatt was only the size of a bean 11 months ago and now he is a chubby bubbers.

The WORST part of the letter is taking the family picture. I don't know why I get in the worst mood and want to smack my entire family before family pictures, but HOLY COW! I almost backed out and said, "We just wont have a family picture this year!". But Michael liked that idea too much so I made him do it anyway. Carma is the only one in our family who enjoys taking pictures. I wanted to smack Judson, we didn't know he was making faces in EVERY SINGLE picture until we got them back. So here was the best one, glad I can laugh about it now. Oh, a funny part of the picture taking story: picture this, we were stressed out, the kids were tired and whiny and Michael and I are fussing at the kids and feeling crazy. When we were done I realized that we left "Dumbo" playing in the background and it was on the Main Menu playing that LOUD crazy Circus Music. When I turned it off it was instant relief and Michael said, "No wonder we felt like we were at the crazy circus! That music is crazy!". It was so funny and true. So MERRY STINKIN' CHRISTMAS!!

"It's not Christmas unless somebody pukes" says Michael. Well, it is Christmas at our house then. Carma woke us up puking at 4:15am as Michael was cleaning her off Judson woke up. We said "Do you feel sick" , he said "I don't think so".. not even a minute later he is puking down the stairs. Judson puked 3 times.. Michael said if they made it in the puke bowl or toilet he would pay them $5.00.. hahaha Judson made 10 bucks last night. Carma zero. The funny thing about this story is that I was enjoying the moment.. you may thing "WHAT?!". But hear me out. As the kids were at the bottom of our bed on the floor sleeping I thought it is only a few years that we will have kids to take care of. A few years that they will want to sleep in our room and love having the opportunity to sleep on our floor. A few years for us to take make them feel safe. Admittedly it was MUCH easier for me to think this since I didn't have to clean up one puke mess, I got to nurse and take care of the baby:) Thanks Michael for being so WONDERFUL and cleaning up the rotten egg smelly puke.

8 comments:

amiee said...

Bwahahahha! Judson! You are going to give your mom gray hairs! i can't believe he made all those faces. i hope you sent that out as your xmas card b/c that is hIlariOus. HOw did you do those "circles" over his face? that's a cool trick. you are more of a photoshop pro then I thought. help amiee.

funny about $5 to throw up in the toilet. and so juddy made $10. nice. that SUCKS though that they both puked. is it the flu or just something they ate? remind me not to visit your house for a week or so...tee hee

Plain Jame said...

HA! I seriously was going to start my comment out the same way as amiee but that would be cheating...

I think it's so hilarious that juddy butters just thought HEY I'M GOING TO RUIN THESE PICTURES HEHHEHEHEHE

SO sorry your kids are puking. I am freaked out that my kids will barf at Christmas. Nice of Michael to take care of that all.

I hope you all have a very fabulous MERRY CHRISTMAS.

Marian said...

hey,

I have to admit I'm relieved it's nuts at someone's elses house besides mine.Now I know I'm not alone. I hope your kids feel better soon. your family picture does look great. love ya

Pinky Homer said...

I'm glad everyone stresses just as much as I do for family pictures. Your pictures turned out cute ... you are amazing! Sorry about the sickness ... I hope it doesn't take them long to come back to normal ... I'm still waiting for Ruby to get back to normal. Hopefully soon! Merry Christmas. I hope you guys have a fun one. Love you.

Kat said...

LOL, that is hilarious! I know that you were probably ready to sell him off, but you have to admit, he definately adds humor to things. Your family is looking so cute! I love the family pic. I hoep things are going good for you. We might have to come by after the sickness is gone to say hi. :)

Adhis said...

Kiki, you are so freakin' hot!

I'm off to go feel old and frumpy...

Oh, yeah, Merry Christmas!

Sarah Tilley said...

ok, that was freakin' hilarious. i love judson's faces. that photo collage was awesome! i have the same exact attitude about christmas photos/cards, except i don't have a million people to send them to. and i usually give in to my lazy side and not even bother (which is perfectly fine with ben). sorry about the puke thing. thank goodness there was someone else to clean up for you. ;)

Cami said...

Funny stories, cute pictures! I seriously get so much anxiety when our kids are puking sick...I get so worked up that it makes me sick. I am so careful to make sure the boys get plenty of sleep over the holiday break so we have a better chance of staying healthy. Judson just cracks me up, making all of those faces;I think it must be the age. Merry Christmas!!