Some of you know I have been trying to potty train Carma for several months. On and off.. it seems when I would start something would happen and we would have to quit. So now that I am no longer having morning sickness, her surgery is over and she is well and healthy, I am back from New Orleans, and we are back from Yellowstone.. NOW IS THE TIME.
I started on Monday and I just had her wear big girl panties. She would sit on the potty for 10 minutes get off and pee seconds later. The same thing yesterday. Only I put the mini-dvd player in the bathroom bought her a potty toy (meaning she can only play with it when she is sitting on the potty). She sat in there and watched the ENTIRE Little Mermaid.. I felt kind of bad when she still never went, so I made her give up Ariel (the polly pocket potty toy).. she FREAKED. I told her the only thing that can release Ariel is for her to poop in the potty. Poor kid, she pushed, she tried. I cried and prayed and got REALLY frustrated. I almost quit at LEAST 3 times... I knew it would be hard, but DANG! My dear friend Pinky came over and stayed most of the day... she saved me and saved the potty training effort. It helps that her daughter is potty training as well, mind you Ruby is 20 months. (I WILL NOT COMPARE, I WILL NOT COMPARE!) So, I noticed Carma pushing.. I put her on the toilet, and Pinky and I sat in the toilet teaching her how to push.. we sat for AT LEAST 30 minutes. HURRAY SHE POOPED. Cinderella (aka my sister Dana) called to congratulate her. I have it on video, only it is on Pinky's and she is trying to figure out hot to get it to me.
I was still kind of bummed b/c she never peed and it was less than an hour before bed. We watched her like a hawk and Pinky noticed that she was leaving (I realized that she would go and hide even to pee). So Pinky put her on the toilet and w/in a minute SUCCESS. I honestly got teery eyed!!! I was SO HAPPY. She did it! I know we have a long road, but at least I KNOW she can do it. Wish me luck in the days (and weeks, Months?? ) to come.
7 comments:
Way to go Kiki! I'm sure she will get it soon. I've been thinking about training Liberty, but I'm a little nervous. Good luck and let me know how it goes!
Natalie
Wow! Just reading about it gives me chills ... that was a very happy moment huh?! What a battle but the worst is over! Please don't compare ... Heavenly Father is just making something easy to balance things out a bit. Plus, we still have a LONG road ahead too ... we'll be right there with you. WAY TO GO CARMA! Love you both!
i so don't look forward to potty training...all i can say is good luck!! i was going to try and work on gabe before olivia was born but decided against it...he is just not ready. so now i have 2 in diapers and it stinks (literally!) hopefully in the next couple of months we can work on it. keep it going! and my one tip is...DON'T USE PULLUPS-EVER!! just deal with the accidents for the first while. you will be so glad you did. xoxo
i had to give up on training henry at two; he just wasn't ready. it wasn't until right before he turned three that he just about trained himself. i have a huge thing of pull ups left over that never got used. only used them at night.
good luck. it'll get easier after a while. just cross your fingers and hope she doesn't make poop soup and splatter it all over the bathroom like henry used to do. i'm still alive and sane, though, so i guess it made me a stronger person. :)
Holy Crap! (literally) I do not look foward to the potty training days. Good job mom! Good squating Carma!
Terra
Dude, you owe Pinky something HUGE! Hahaha! That is AWESOME. I can't believe you made her watch the entire Little Mermaid movie on the potty! OMG I am dying laughing bc that is CRAZY. hahahaha you are so funny! Oh, and I forgot your friend had a girl named Ruby. What is UP with that? My possible girly name is being used everywhere! Wahhhhhhhh!
But on a serious note-congrats for getting to where you are now! I would have been JUST as frustrated as you were, trust me on that! Yay for success!!! (didn't you used to call it "success" when you poo'd?) Or is that someone else I know. Ha!
It's funny how everyone has different methods. I was going to suggest something the exact opposite of what someone else said so I won't even bother. =o)
Hang in there, I'm sure she'll be potty trained before she's a teenager.
Post a Comment