Thursday, June 19, 2008

We survived Yellowstone

OK, well, we wimped out and came home a day early. I have decided that I am WAY too high strung to bring a CRAZY child to Yellowstone. She just wants to run off everywhere and she doesn't care about anything. I drove myself nuts from the worry. Not to mention that my allergies were HORRENDOUS! My whole face was swollen! So, anyway, I don't regret going, but next time no kids under the age of 8!! And I will never go pregnant again either ~What WERE we thinking??, that should be easy since I decided to have my uterus removed... OK, not really, but that is up for SERIOUS consideration.

OK, other than the above mentioned annoyances, the trip was great.. hahaha
Really, I have never seen such beautiful creations.. well, Bryce Canyon and Zions are equally as beautiful with less green. But the Yellowstone "grand Canyon".. AMAZING!! Scared the CRAP out of me to have Carma any where NEAR cliffs and rocks. So we only stayed a second at each site. Old Faithful was cool, but not my favorite thing. The Lake was AMAZING! So was the Hotel we stayed. That area has to be the prettiest! All of the green and the trees. We couldn't do much exploring b/c all of the trails were closed due to "Bear Activity". LOAD of CRAP! I didn't see ONE STINKIN BEAR! We drove to places we thought we would see one, but nope. I don't believe Yellowstone has bears.. or Moose. Liars!

Judson LOVED the beach on the Lake. He found lots of cool rocks, (although we didn't take any home..wink wink). He was really sad to go home, but I told him he could go there anytime he wanted when he grows up and take his kids as much as his heart desires.

We did see a plethora of Bison. At first we were all, eww stop, lets take a picture. Oh, there is one on the road, lets stop and take a picture. Ohh, look at the baby bison. By the time we were leaving the park we noticed all the people stopping to gawk at the bison and Michael said "they will get over that by the time they leave". We were like ohhh, another bison... big deal. I know, we are rotten and hard to impress:)
We DID see, 3 chipmunks, a coyote, 2 elk, 1 antelope thing, a bazillion bison, lots of ducks and Geese. So it wasn't all for nothing. I really want to go back and camp this time.. we stayed in hotels b/c I can't imagine camping being pregnant and tired. Too much work. But I think we missed out. And next time no kids under 8!! That is for sure! And I am sure Michael would add
"And no grumpy Pregnant Women!".

So here are our pics:

17 comments:

Pinky Homer said...

I love the pix. Judson seemed like he was having lots of fun. My favorite pix was the one of the Bison ... he looks funny with SIX legs! And the hoted you stayed out ... wow! It took me back to our girlie movies we like to watch with the big mansions. Your date with Judson ... SO CUTE! Glad you are back (once again) ... & please stay PUT from now until the end of the summer! jk

Adhis said...

I was gonna say 'that's one freaky-looking bison' but then realized there's a baby behind it. Right? Right?

amiee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
amiee said...

yo. cute pics! you are the cutest mom! i love your heart shaped face! ok ok i'm jealous. and your stylin' little hat! what the heck? it's so cute! i would have been freaking out with kids ANYWHERE near ledges, too, so you're not the only one. my mom wants us to go there this August w/ my bros and their women and kids, too. (i am the one who deleted the post. i was just trying to edit it)

Dana Marie said...

I'm so glad you finally got to see Yellowstone. I love that place! You will definitely have to try it w/o small children and w/o being pregnant, though! :)

Sarah Tilley said...

i'd love to go to yellowstone. when i was a little kid we went to the grand tetons and that was cool. still, i think the smokey mountains are the prettiest by far.
y'all looked like you had tons of fun. our vacation this weekend will be spent helping my dad tear down an old tobacco barn.

Adhis said...

hehehehe.
She said "grand tetons."

[/beavis]

Sarah Tilley said...

huhhuhhuh, yeah i said tetons...
oh, yeah in answer to yer question regarding the awesome manner in which i dewaxed my kid's ear (i still gag when i think of that yellow clot coming out): internet, neighbor advice, and a phone call to the pediatrician to make sure i wasn't going to kill him or make him go deaf by following said neighbor/internet advice.
one last thing: kyna came to t-square when i had three months left, so you probably didn't meet her.

Oportos said...

I love all the experiences of my friends! Now I know what not to do.
Just kiddin. By the way Love your short hair, way cute.
love ya terra

Jacobson Five said...

We are going to Yellowstone in July. Any advice? Must sees? Don't bothers, etc. We are doing the camping thing. I am excited for that. I actually love camping. I am not pregnant, so that should help my situation.

Yoli said...

I love the pics. Makes me more excited to see it again in a few weeks. You guys look so CUTE!!!

Kaysha Alesa said...

Kiki. You are freakin adorable and hilarious. So fun to read your stories. Perhaps we may see each other Thanksgiving time.. Perhaps sooner. Kaysha:)

Kat said...

Kiki, I love you to death! You are hilarious. :) Congrats on the boy. Judson is going to be an awesome big brother. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help out until the baby comes. Please?!

Hollie said...

We are going in August! I have been there a bunch since I went to Ricks and it wasn't too far from there, and I have to tell you, I have seen moose, and a BEAR too!

. said...

WOW! what a great experience, so much craziness is always great for memories! And congrats on the boy so much fun!

Kristen said...

Who let Beavis on here? Junior high flashback.

I never saw any bears either. It's like when the freeways are closed for construction and there are NO workers to be seen.

I've heard that Bear World is amazing though. We'll try to go this summer. A friend said it's just past Idaho Falls - that's a lot closer than Yellowstone! There's areas you drive through and see just bears, and a petting zoo (not bears) and play area for kids.

They also said if you eat McDonald's right before you go, and open your windows, the bears will come right up to your car. Yeah, you try that one and tell me how it goes.

Lisa said...

Ok, so it's been a long time but I'm surprised to say that I hadn't heard that you were expecting! Congrats!! I love the blog--it'll be a great way to keep up with what's up!!