Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I'm home! My Trip was so fun!


My trip was SO MUCH FUN! I have never taken a trip alone. I mean, I have had some girls night away, but only one night. Flying with no kids is a TOTALLY different experience, it has been 10 years since I have flown without a child in my lap. I read an entire book and wasn't sweaty when I arrived. (Well, OK, I was a little sweaty b/c I DID fly to New Orleans and everyone sweats there).

I mostly just hung out at my parents house and visited with family. We also went to some of my favorite places. Which all involve YUMMY FOOD! We went out to eat at Midendorfs on the way home from the airport and I had the best fried Oysters I have ever had. I had to limit myself to 3 since I am pregnant and shouldn't eat them in the first place. We went to my FAVORITE pastry shop, The Coco Bean...YUMMY! I found another GREAT restaurant and ate my new favorite thing: artichoke patties, smothered in crab, shrimp, artichoke creamy sauce. HOLY COW. I am going to figure out how to make this!

Then the MAIN highlight of the trip. My new Niece Brenna. She is an angel. I just could have breathed her in. I couldn't get enough and I am still craving to hold her. She looks just like Belle! She has more hair than I have ever seen on a white baby. You can even CLIP on a bow. She seems to be really mellow too, just chilled out, until it is time to eat. I really can't wait to see her again. I am already planning my bribes with her parents to get them out here.












I also got to enjoy my BEAUTIFUL and SWEET niece Belle. Dang that kid is TOO BEAUTIFUL for words, I can't quit staring in awe. Her little cute high voice still rings in my ears. She LOVES her baby sister. As I got up to leave, I was holding Brenna and giving her one last hug (and sniff), Belles says "Don't take Brenna!". It was darling.Another HIGHLIGHT, see what a fun trip! Shelly, my sister who was born into another family (I met her when I was 10 or 11 and we were inseparable), and her mom drove from Texas to come visit us. We spent the night at Dana's and stayed up eating till 2:00am. It was SO fun! She is due less than 4 weeks after me with her first! Can you tell that by the look of our bellies, NOPE! I look ready to pop and you can barely even tell on her.
We went to the French Quarter as well. It is a MUST to visit when we go. Carma was sick the last couple of times we were there and we couldn't go. It was a blast to spend the day with Dana and my mom. If it weren't so dang hot and I not so huge I could have stayed forever. I LOVE the French Market and looking at everything, all the artist around Jackson Square, the interesting people. It is just a fun place. I hope we can visit next winter instead.

7 comments:

chelon:) said...

girl...you look darling pregnant!! good luck with everything :) looks like you had some much needed girl time! i can't wait til i get me some of that!! xoxo

Adhis said...

Look how cute you are!
I would love to visit New Orleans. Dave went there on a business trip before Katrina hit and LOVED it!

Hollie said...

I was wondering where you were! We missed you at the family party on Monday!

Kat said...

Kiki, you are so dang cute! I love your little belly. We should totally get together sometime. :) I'm glad to hear that your trip went so well and that you had such a blast. Love ya!

amiee said...

kiki, you look adorable!!! love that pic of you and belle. Shelly looks good, too. haven't seen her in a billion years! that's great that she's prego, too. Is it her first? we need to hang out SOON. NO EXCUSES!!! luv ya, ames. you need to come see my little chubs!

Pinky Homer said...

I'm so glad you had so much fun! I can't believe all that black hair ... cute... my babies don't even have that much hair ... rude! We'll I'm glad you are back though ... Missed you here.

Katy said...

Kiki, you are so pretty!