Thursday, September 6, 2007

Disney Land

Disney Land was SO much fun! even though it was SO HOT!!
I love it there and am always amazed at how much detail work goes into everything! Judson and Carma had so much fun too! Judson is braver than me when it comes to rides. He went on the Tower of Terror. He said he wouldn't go on it again, but he wanted me to. I never made it on there. Carma LOVED the Monster's Inc ride the most. We went on it 5 times. Judson and Carma also played musical chairs with Alice and the Mad Hatter. It was way too cute. Carma let her pick her up and dance with her and Judson was stealin' chairs like a pro. (so what that the other kids were 2 years younger:).
After going on the Pirates of the Caribbean I was debating whether or not to take Carma. We decided she would be fine, and she was. She LOVED it. She cracks me up on what she is scared of. Fireworks.. yes, SCARY, freaky looking pirates in semi-darkness.. NO.
Judson LOVED Indiana Jones. My kids are SO MUCH braver than I was (or am). I would have had nightmares for years!
My favorite ride is Soaring over California. It is AMAZING and so relaxing. Michael enjoyed it too~ even though he is not a rides fan.. or even Disneyland fan for that matter.
All of us LOVED the Crush interactive show. That is way too cute and funny.
To our surprise ,the kids did really great in the car. There was a tiny bit of whining but not bad. Thank goodness for DVD players. I hope we can go again and I hope to do the half again next year.. if is NOT in the summer.

Check out our pictures at:
http://www.disneyphotopass.com/photoeditor.aspx#

I DID IT!
I finished the half marathon. I didn't do nearly as well as I hoped. I finished in 3hr and 3 mins. TOTALLY TICKED that it took me over 3 hours to do. My goal was 2.45 max. But I am giving myself credit for even finishing since it was 100 degrees and SO HUMID. Seriously it was 108 on Monday and 14,000 people signed up for the race and a little over 9000 finished. I mean the heat was just "oppressive". It zapped everything. At different points during the race I pictured myself just stopping and calling Michael to get me.
It was pretty cool to go through the parks and even cooler for some reason to go through Angel's stadium on mile 10. To smell the fresh grass (be in the shade for part). The energy there was incredible. It really helped me to keep going.
Mile 11 I met this cute 65 year old woman and we talked to mile 12. By mile 12 I found more energy and started jogging again and mile 13 I sprinted as fast as I could. By the end I wanted to die and the sun felt as if it was actually pressing against my face and all I wanted was shade.
I didn't have that wonderful feeling of accomplishment that I hoped to have. Rather I was pissed that it was so DANG HOT!! I was wondering why I paid so much money to be so miserable. But as I got back to the hotel I was feel better and at this point I have been bitten by the "race" bug and Michael and I are going to start training for a race as early as November. I think there is one in St. George.

1 comment:

amiee said...

Hey! Great stories about the kids at disneyland! I tried to see your pictures but the site wants me to do this entire log in crap so forget it. I'll wait till ya post some! I'm so glad you went and had fun, but sorry to hear about the heat! Now you can actually say you ran a half marathon!!! Only like 3 people can say that!!!! Amazing!