Carma had T-tubes put in her ears today and her adenoids taken out. For those of you who don't know she has had more ear infections than I can count, WAY too many rosesefin (spelling?) shots for the ear infections, seen WAY too many doctors. This is even her second set of tubes. Need I say that she HATES (understatement) doctors and nurses. She WAS NOT happy about seeing so many nurses.
This is the saddest part, she asked where we were going this morning as I was fixing her hair and I said "to the hospital". "OHHH, I LOVE hopitals!" as she clasped her hands in delight. I felt terrible, for I knew her true fate. I stuffed her back pack with all of her favorite and she was even more excited.. "Oh, we are going to the hopital now? It will be so fun!"
.. Now, this story reminds me of when I was little. Aa story that my dad LOVES to tell. I was probably about her age and my mom told me we were going to get boosters. I thought boosters were those cool seats at restaurants that I loved. I went around the house singing "I gonna get a boota, I gonna get a boota". I am laughing as I type as picturing my dad in my head acting out the scene. hahaha After I got the beloved "boota" I came home crying and my dad asked "what is wrong?" I replied "I got a boota.. sniff sniff". Are you seeing the similarities?
So we get to the hospital and she was OK until she saw nurses in scrubs and equipment. Then she started to panic saying "lets go this way" (towards the door). She played with who I can best describe as a play therapist who tries to put children at ease and explain things to them. She liked her, but as soon as the anesthesiologist came in she turned so fast! "GET OUT DOCTOR, GO AWAY DOCTOR" and started BAWLING! It took him by surprise and he couldn't help but to laugh. All the nurses were laughing b/c I am sure they have never seen such a cute tiny little girl so angry. Don't get me wrong, I am sure they have seen PLENTY share of upset angry children, but I PROMISE you aint seen NOTHIN until you have seen this child in action. They were all talking about it and how funny it was.. the ENT came in and said "so, I the anesthesiologist came in and said there was a child in there yelling at him to "GO AWAY!" and I said, Oh, so you met Carma". hahaha She thought it was hilarious. The play therapist was pretty concerned and recommended that we take her to play therapy to help her get over this and deal with these issues. I agree, I never thought of that before. Although it IS funny now, I am a SO stressed while she is in such obvious distress, I HATE it! I think I feel my ulcer bleeding.
Anyway, she has been sleeping for hours, we are watching her close. Everything seems to be going great. HURRAY!
9 comments:
Wow, it sounds like you had quite the day. I'm happy she seems to be doing well. Hang in there! Poor girl...
Even though I spoke to you about Carma on the phone today, reading your post made me both laugh and cry. How sad to know you were taking her to the docs and she didn't realize it at the time...I empathize with both of you. Then at the same time, the story was super funny! I can just picture her yelling at the docs and nurses. Poor thing! It's funny, but it's not!! :) Very cute post about Judson, too. I didn't know he took karate! That is COOL!!! And I like the idea of having a little slave...hmmm.
ok i forgot to say that i am LOL about "tummy baby." that is ADORABLE. you are making me want to be pregnant again. but wait, not just yet! :)
That reminds me of when I was 6 or 7 and my mom took me to a clinic to get shots so we could start school in the U.S. As soon as I saw the doctor pull out the needle, I screamed, got up, opened the exam room door, and ran down the hall crying and screaming looking for the outdoor exit door. I remember everyone in the crowded lobby noticing the screaming crazy child.
I spotted the EXIT sign and headed straight for it! Alas, my legs were too short and someone caught me and dragged me back to the evil doctor.
BTW, Kiki, I have tagged you. The rules are on my blog under the post "Tagged by an Angel."
Don't blame me; blame Heidi.
hah, carma reminds me of henry. when faced with something he doesn't want to do, he likes to say, "let's do somewhere else," (he gets something and somewhere mixed up). poor kid. i'm sorry she's had such bad luck with her ears. i hope she feels better soon. maybe this'll take care of everything and she won't have to see the dr again until she gets her booster. :)
OMG what is more funny the boota story or you telling the Dr, "I see you met Carma"? I hope this is the end of it all for her. Glad the little trooper did good as well. I want to be a 'play therapist' sounds like fun.
Hey Kiki! I hope Carma is getting better! If you need anything let me know!!
AH yes! I have similar stories with my kids. It is so hard to have to make them go through something you know is so hard and frightening! I am glad she is doing well. How the tummy baby and mama?
Post a Comment