OK, so I haven't posted in a while, a week and a half now.
I spoke too soon about Carma's amazing recovery. She got pretty sick last Friday.. lots of prayers, blessings, tears, stress and medications later she is doing well. Back to her regular "Life cheerleader" self. That should be her new name "Life Cheerleader" seriously b/c she always says how "GREAT" we all are and gets excited about anything and everything. Too sweet and cute.
I have been reading A LOT. I read "Kite Runner" and "The Host" this week.. too much reading, not enough time taking care of my family or house...and way less sleep. So I had LOTS to do today to catch up. I HATE cleaning! It is such a necessary evil that I just can't get over.
What did I think about the books??
Kite Runner: I really liked it even thought it was REALLY sad. But I loved his outlook on things and the redemption at the end. It also gave me more in sight on Afghanistan which I don't know much about.
The Host: (the new Stephanie Meyers book). It was OK, I didn't enjoy it nearly as much as the Twilight series, it was harder to fall in love with the Characters. But I still enjoyed it and wanted to see how it ended.. she could have cut at least 100 pages though.. way to wordy sometimes.
5 comments:
no fun dealing with sick kids. but she sounds like a trooper! i am reading the host right now and am having the darndest time getting into it. but i have to finish!! miss you girl xoxo
I just haven't been able to bring myself to read The Host. It doesn't excite me. I have read the Twilight series three times, and I am just wondering how many more times I'll have to read it before the next one finally comes out in August!
I've been wondering how Carma's recovery was going. Sorry to hear it had a rough patch, but I am glad to know everything is well once more!
I have to agree with you about the wordiness of The Host. At least the first 4 chapters or so, I was like "Huh???" with all the sci fi talk about Healers and Seekers and such. And the weird world names like "see weeds." Where did she come up with that???
I completely agree with you on The Host. I am reading it and am having the hardest time getting in to it. I'm glad to hear that Carma is doing better. It's no fun having sick kids. :)
Wow! How does it feel to have some many friends that like to read the same kind of books you do? ... Sorry can't relate in this case except with the house cleaning stuff ... wish I didn't though. I like the nick name for Carma ... that is really her.
Post a Comment