Monday, May 5, 2008

Been busy & Cabin Trip

So I have been gone from my blog for almost two weeks. I have missed it. I unknowingly bit off WAAAYYYY more than I could chew by agreeing to do the schools yearbook. (Actually I agreed to do the first grade, but then got stuck doing the entire thing). So, 200+ hours LATER I am finally 99% done. We sent the semi-final draft to the printers Friday. Hopefully there aren't many mistakes to fix. From the other printing we had done it looks pretty dang good, if I DO say so myself, and I DO! I would like to show some of it, but due to the fact that I might get sued for showing children I don't have rights to on the net, I think I will pass. If you would like to picture in your head a space themed yearbook with lots of cool graphics and cute kids, that pretty much sums it up.

So, here is what I would have posted had I not been losing my mind worknig on the yearbook:
We took an extended vaction "retreat" with extended family a few weeks ago. My in-laws rented a HUGE condo and all of us stayed for a few days. It was super fun!! We didn't do much, but that is my kind of vacation. Esp, when I was still requiring 3 hours of naps during the day and REALLY naucious. The kids especially loved having the cousins around 24/7. Judson's favorite people in the world are his cousins! He begs on a daily basis to play with them. Carma's prince charming is her cousin Alec and she was so thrilled to have him around at all the time. Here are some pics: Judson on Jungle Gym, all the boy cousins (yes there was STILL 3 feet of SNOW on the ground only 3 weeks ago), Carma with Lauren, Gavin and Alec, Carma getting her hair French Braided by Grandma. She HATES having her hair fixed. (which is why I cut 4 inches off last week. I will post pictures of the new hair cut soon.

4 comments:

amiee said...

sorry you are still feeling sick. it really does suck. but soon it all will pass! hee hee

ok, hilarious pic with carma getting her hair braided. LOL. I love it.

and as far as doing the ENTIRE yearbook--you have LOST ya mind! You did it for free, too, right? OMG OMG OMG I'd be like, "somebody owes me at least $1000." i bet that took you forever. you better FRAME that published yearbook.

Sarah Tilley said...

love the photo of carma getting her hair braided. you should see henry when it's time for a hair cut. he's gotten better now, but in the past ben had to put him in a full body head lock while i shaved his head with the clippers. once he screamed so much he broke some capillaries in his face. now he'll actually sit still, albeit he's whining and complaining the entire time. mom and dad say i was the same. it's pay back time, i guess.

can't believe you took on the yearbook. i hope they have a nice paycheck or some kind of reward in store for you. at least a standing ovation at the next pta meeting, or something. :)

Sals said...

175days to go!!! ok that's just damn depressing! (and I'm allowed to say that becuase it's not swearing here!!! haaaaa haaa bet you wanna be australian now!!! )

Kristen said...

Wow, a yearbook? You're amazing! I'm in the middle of a project that's bigger than I expected too. I swear that organizations prey on stay-at-home-moms that are willing to help. Oh well, great work!

Keep that baby cooking!