Friday, April 11, 2008

Reflections


Here is a link a friend sent me and I am sure I have watched it 10 times already. I LOVE it and it has softened my heart in an instant. The images seem to be from and exhibit from the Mesa Arizona visitor center. They are AMAZING!!! If you are struggling to feel the spirit or are "Wandering from the fold of God" this sure makes it easier to come back and really feel again.

http://mabrystudios.typepad.com/reflections_of_christ/2008/03/reflections-sli.html

The hymn that is used is "Come thy Font of Every Blessing". I miss that hymn. For some reason it was taken out of the hymnbook in 1985 for the new publishing. I am sad about this and wonder why. None the less, I listened to this version on this video OVER and OVER as tears streamed down my face... and NO, it ISN'T just because I am pregnant that I cried (weeped is actually a better word). I looked up the words and read them over and over too... The part that get me every time is from the middle of the second verse on... WOW!! If a song is a prayer that is sung, this is my Prayer:
"Here's my heart, O take and seal it, 
Seal it for Thy courts above."
______________________________________
Come, Thou Fount of every blessing, 
Tune my heart to sing Thy grace; 
Streams of mercy, never ceasing, 
Call for songs of loudest praise. 
Teach me some melodious sonnet, 
Sung by flaming tongues above. 
Praise the mount! I'm fixed upon it, 
Mount of Thy redeeming love.

Here I raise my Ebenezer; ("Ebenezer" means "stone of help") 
Hither by Thy help I'm come; 
And I hope, by Thy good pleasure, 
Safely to arrive at home. 
Jesus sought me when a stranger, 
Wandering from the fold of God; 
He, to rescue me from danger, 
Interposed His precious blood.

O to grace how great a debtor 
Daily I'm constrained to be! 
Let Thy goodness, like a fetter, 
Bind my wandering heart to Thee. 
Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it, 
Prone to leave the God I love; 
Here's my heart, O take and seal it, 
Seal it for Thy courts above

7 comments:

amiee said...

I didn't realize that wasn't in the hymnbook, either. Too bad. It's a good song. Those pictures are pretty cool. From what I gather, it's a photography re-creation. That was a good idea. I get so tired of all the paintings...it's nice to see "real" photos.

Sarah Tilley said...

love that hymn. when they were giving away old (the ancient brown ones from yesteryear), i snatched one up, just because it had that song in it.

Sarah Tilley said...

^ insert "hymn books" between old and (the. my brains are distracted by all the pollen.

sgwinfrey said...

I've totally forgotten about that song, it's so beautiful and I've had it in my head all day today now. That was a beautiful video, and looks like a ton of work to make. A lot of love went into that project. Thanks for sharing it with me.

Thank heaven for little girls said...

Thank you for sharing your testimony on this beautiful work of art. You are truly an amazing sister and I am glad we were able to serve together on Temple Square. Congratulations on the new baby.

NOBODY said...

The choir sang this song at my "homecoming" talk. I LOVE it.

Those images are beautiful. There really aren't words to describe how amazing they are. Thanks for sharing them.

Did Tilley really just say yesteryear? :)

Sals said...

that's my favourite hymn...did you ever hear that version that Goldthwaite and um...2 other sisters sang and recorded (they were in the stairwell) - they put the one of the verses (i think the last) of Oh my father and added it as a 3rd verse to come thou fount...I wish i still had a copy of it...it was truly beautiful!