Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Need Blog Help!

I don't like this blog overlay... it is OVER my pictures and makes them look like there is a film over all the pictures. I even did a slide show thinking that would be OVER the template.. NOPE. Anyway, I just don't LOVE the look.. here is the problem. Last time I changed the template it erased ALL of my favorite blogs and info. How do I save them so I don't have to do enter them in EVERY time?? Any ideas guys.
Also, I like pysam, the site that I got this template from, but do all of them cover your pictures like this one does? And do all of them erase everything?

5 comments:

Yoli said...

I have the same problem with the overlay. Ed looks like he has a tan, which is not a bad thing. Unfortunately, I can't be of much help being that I am a novice. Sorry. But I'm sure someone out there knows.

amiee said...

Not all the pyzam layouts "cover" your pictures. You just picked a layout that has the "see through" background thing, which makes your pics look like there is a film on it.

Bad news is that YES, when you switch templates it will erase alot of your "side" items...like your lists of favorite blogs and all that stuff. That is why I have not changed mine yet. It warned me in blogger that it would do it, so I stopped.

You can SAVE your current template to revert back to (it saves the code) in blogger in the same place you went to change it. There is a link there that says something like "save your template" yada yada. You can save it anywhere you like. But you can't "copy and paste" your side items from there to the new template you pick. That is what I hate, too.

At least you can save a copy of what you have now, so if you try out new templates and you don't like them, you can easily revert to your old template. I just don't want to spend ALL the time recreating my side items. I have WAY too many. So that is why my blog looks the way it does and has stayed that way for a lOOOONG time.

Good luck.

Kikibug said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kikibug said...

Thanks Amiee, I will keep that in mind next time. I guess I will quit changing them as often. The last place I got my templates from didn't erase them.. or at least I don't think they did.

Dana Marie said...

Hey, the template I just got from Pyzam had a transparency to it, so you could kind of see the background through the text and pics. I went into the HTML code and erased the lines that had "opacity" in them. If you want me to look at yours, email me your password and the email address you use to log in. It made mine so you can only see the background on the side but I prefer that to making the pics look worse.