Sunday, July 8, 2007

Last week

We were so busy last week that I didn't have a chance to write much.. and I forgot to take the camera most places.
July 4
We went to the Stadium of fire. It was fantastic! Our friends gave us free tickets and I still didn't really want to go. (I don't like crowds, traffic or Brooks and Dunn)but with encouragement from Michael I went anyway. I am so glad I did b/c it was a fantastic show, there were so many other performances. There were HUNDREDS of little girls dancing, it was cute. Over live broadcast there were soldiers that were in Afghanistan and they hadn't seen their families in 14 months. Then their family members sang and got to talk to them. It was so sweet ~ and of course I cried. Then the rocket guy went around... I thought it was lame... but Judson loved it. The guy from high school musical performed.. cheesy, but it was so funny to see all the little girls that danced FREAKING out over him. Brooks and Dunn put on a better show than I anticipated, but they are still too twangy for me. Pinky said it was close to 40 minutes of fireworks. It was amazing. There were almost too many, but it was so beautiful. The last part of the show there was a choir singing patriotic songs and it was SO BEAUTIFUL!!! I am so grateful to be an American! I love this country!!
July 5
Michael took the day off and we went to the Tolmans ALL day. There was a breakfast at 6:30 am.. but we didn't get there until 8:30. His aunt is in town from out east and we only see them every other year or so. We also went to see
RATATOUILLE. It was really cute. Some parts they could have left out b/c kids will watch it OVER and OVER and repeat it, but for the most part I really liked it. We left Carma with the Rachelle b/c Carma wont watch movies. I think Judson really enjoyed having us to himself both at the movies and at the Stadium of fire. He held our hands the entire time. It was cute. Then we went back to the Tolman's and had a big family dinner. I wish I would have taken may camera b/c there was so cute photo ops.
July 6
We were going to have all the cousins over while their parents went on dates, but everyone ended up staying and we played Settlers of Catan. That game just doesn't get old! I love it. Michael won.. AGAIN. Then Garrett and Renton spent the night.
July 7
Every first Sat of the month Home Depot has a free project for kids to do. Michael took Judson, Garrett and Renton and here are the picture of them painting them at home. Cute huh! I had to spend the day catching up on neglected housework.. YUK!

4 comments:

amiee said...

hey, wow, I had a lot to look at on your blog, too! I LOOOVE Brooks and Dunn! I wish I could've joined you just to see them! glad you had fun and got to spend it with just Mr. Jud. Cute pics of him and carma, too. My baby is wiggling around right now trying to tell you hello!

Plain Jame said...

That sounds so awesome! I love that you took a pic of the fireworks! I've always wanted to be able to use the "fireworks" feature on my camera (it's just like yours).
FUN week it sounds like - cant wait to hang out again!

jeremiahrjones said...

sweet blog

bookmarked it

Kikibug said...

I have to admit, I didn't take that pic of Stadium of Fire. I didn't feel like lugging the camera everywhere. I downloaded it from net.