Monday, October 19, 2009

Mission Reunion


Heather, Yukari, Me, Natalie
Nice triple chin shot, but isn't Yukari DARLING!!

I had my 12 year mission reunion this year. It was a big one, I suppose b/c President Snow has been home for 10 years. I can't believe I almost didn't go b/c I was insecure about my weight.. (I HATE that I am like that!). Once I walked in the room with all of these beautiful sisters I felt completely at home and in peace. I can't describe how much I love these women. I have a different relationship with these people than anyone else. It is hard to describe, but I suppose heavenly would be a good word. My heart if full even thinking about it and it just brings a smile to my face.

My MTC comp, Heather was my date. She is the best! She looks amazing!! And is so smart.. and still single! I think she hasn't found a guy who deserves her yet b/c she is honestly so amazing.
Natalie flew in from CA with her 6 week old baby, are you kidding. She is super mom! It was so fun. The ride back from SLC seemed like a minute b/c we had so much fun talking.

Yukari, one of my favorite companions, (who I haven't seen for 10 years) came to stay with us so. I had the BEST time w/ her and her family. Her little boy is THE CUTEST! Half Japanese, half white.. ARE YOU KIDDING with his EXTREME CUTENESS. My urge to bite (lovingly) and squeeze was at an all time high when he was around. OMGosh He is SO CUUUUTTTEEE!!! I honestly couldn't stop staring at him... even though he didn't want much to do w/ me. He was much to busy walking around exploring. Unfortunately she wouldn't let me keep him. I tried. I told her she could have more but I can't. But she still declined:) I guess I should start the adoption papers. I have honestly always wanted to have an Asian baby. I don't know why... well probably b/c they are DARLING!! and my belief is that there are girls in China who need adopting. We will see, who knows what Heavenly Father has in store for us.

We went to Temple Square.. on Saturday.. DURING conference. Can you say BUSY.. NO PARKING, Mormons EVERYWHERE.. Which means lots of good looking people who are very polite.. OK, the good looking part is true and the polite is mostly true...haha:) But it was the only day we could go, and Michael warned us. But I am still glad we went. It is so beautiful and the renovations are amazing, and the missionary tools everywhere are REALLY improved.

I have more pics, but don't have time to share right now. If you are my friend on facebook and want to see more, look at them there.

4 comments:

Adhis said...

Are you kidding me with the "weight" complex?? You're killing me, Kiki. Killing me.

You are absolutely BEAUTIFUL (and I don't mean like just a beautiful sweet spirit). Wouldn't it be a shame to miss out on life because we're hiding out at home hating the mirror?????

You're killing me. Makes me want to strangle you. For loving caring reasons.

P.S. I'm glad you went to the reunion. Looks like fun!

Yoli said...

I'm glad you're posting again. Always enjoy a good "Kiki fix".

amiee said...

cute posts! i am sure i am one of FEW who will get the Mizz Bonita comment. LOL!!!! I forgot about her!!!!!! hee hee you are making me want to go out and rent those episodes. We used to have SO MUCH FUN watching them at your house!! I have great memories of doing that.

Love the antique car! SOOO AWESOME that someone secretly fixed it for y'all? R U kidding me? That is amazingly cool! I love when ppl do nice stuff like that!

Kikibug said...

Adhis, haha sorry it has taken me so long to respond. Thanks for the loving concern. I know I know. It is SOOOO dumb to almost let that stop me from going. I am really working on this, hopefully someday (soon) I will appreciate my body in whatever shape or size. It is a work in progress.