Saturday, September 6, 2008

Bed rest STINKS!



OK, well it has been a long time.... again. In my defense I have been on bed rest for 2.5 weeks and sitting at the computer makes me contract, so I could never be on for more than 10 minutes. So, after I whined and pouted Michael bought me a laptop! Hurray! I didn't know how I was going to make it 6 more weeks on bed rest without one. Thanks hon! Now I can catch up on my blog as well as all of yours! I miss reading your blogs so much. For all I know a few of your kids probably graduated from college.

No time is a good time for bedrest, but this was ESPECIALLY a bad time. Judson had his first day of second grade. (that day was the day I spent in Labor and Delivery/ER for 6 hours). He made it just fine, sometimes I forget how competent Michael is:)

The next day he turned eight. Michael also was in charge of the birthday. We had over a few friends and all the boy cousins that live here. I actually cried that I couldn't do it my way b/c Birthday parties are my thing and I like to make a big deal about it. But you know what? Judson didn't even notice that the decorations were missing and there wasn't a theme. He had so much fun anyway.

The biggest news was Judson's baptism. It was so sweet. I was in awe about how much I could love this amazingly sweet boy and what a great kid he is! He is growing up so fast! Sometimes I forget that one day he wont want me to cuddle him in his bed before he goes to sleep or he wont need me to help him with his homework... (which will be very soon since he will be passing me up by the third grade.)
My parents and Dana came all the way up from Louisiana to see the baptism and that meant so much to me, and I know it did to Judson as well. Dana stayed for a week and a half and my parents stayed for 3 1/2 days. ~They had to get back to check on the house after the hurricane. (Everything was fine... HURRAY!)
My mom gave the opening prayer. Dana gave a talk on Baptism and Rachelle (Garrett and Renton's mom) gave the talk on the Holy Ghost. Michael baptized Judson... on his way down into the font he almost slipped and fell into the water. (We actually think he broke his toe, it still is swollen and red). I think it helped put Judson at ease and when I asked him what he remembered most about the baptism he laughed and said "that daddy almost fell and got baptized again." Jon baptized Garrett and Renton. They were all so cute!! I thought my heart would burst with love for these boys.

4 comments:

Heather said...

I'm so sorry you are on bed rest~ Look at it as a time to see what Michael is really made of - J/K of course, hang in there. Yeah for Judson! I can't believe our boys are so big. Ty's b-day is on Thurs. and his baptism is at the end of the month! How did they grow up so fast.

Adhis said...

Bed rest is NO FUN!

Isn't it amazing what husbands will do for their pregnant wives? You got a laptop and I got a Tempur-pedic bed!

I'm so glad you posted. I was wondering where you were.

Kenn and Natalie said...

I hope you are doing better, that baby needs to keep cookin! I loved hearing about the baptism and wished we could be there. These boy cousins are definitely the best! We are counting down to Thanksgiving!

Sarah Tilley said...

glad to hear you're back on the nets... how very nice of michael to get you a laptop.
cool baptism pics. i'm glad your family made it through the hurricane. :)