Sunday, September 14, 2008


When Dana, my sister, was 4 my grandmother bought her this dress. Here is a picture of her... how CUTE IS THIS. I LOVE this picture. The funny thing is I think Dana looks exactly the same. You can look at her baby pictures and tell who it is. Isn't this adorable! After so many years, we wont say how many.. tee hee hee... the dress is still in excellent condition.

My mom had the idea to have Dana photograph both of the granddaughters in the dress.( I wish I would have had the cute thing that my mom made for Dana's hair to put in their hair. That would have made them perfect.) Dana did a fabulous job on these pictures. They are so cute!

Here is my beautiful niece Belle. She is so opposite of Carma. She wasn't excited about the dress or taking the pictures. She had to be bribed. But they turned out so beautiful anyway. I think she had fun in the end too.

Carma was SO excited when she saw the dress. She carried around held it up to her and twirled around and danced with it. It was so hilarious. She was equally excited about taking pictures in the dress. She posed for us. I have to admit, it isn't easy getting good pictures of this girl. Not because she isnt' beautiful, but b/c she is so fast. She goes from one facial expression to the next in milliseconds and holds a pose for no more than a second. But Dana managed to get some really cute ones. Carma is SUCH a cutie pie, I just want to squeeze her! There is definitely only one Carma. I know she is my daughter, and I am biased, but I have never met a child so innocent, imaginative and sweet as she is. I am truly blessed to be her mama.


10 comments:

chelon:) said...

i love it! the dress is darling.

i love those kind of things that can be passed down to our kids. kassadi wore the white dress that my mom made for my baptism and yes it looked dated, but she was so beautiful in it. kyle was also blessed in a "dress" that has been handed down and used in our family for 107 years. so cool!

so you should definitely keep this dress and pass it on...

amiee said...

Awwwwwww so cute! That is cute that both of them got pics in it. I think Carma looks so much like a mini version of you, it cracks me up!! I love it!

Kat said...

So cute! That dress is adorable. :) And the pics are awesome too. What a fun time. You can definately tell that Carma belongs to you. What a doll.

. said...

oh my goodness, that is the cutest thing ever! I throw away everything. this makes me rethink throwing out old stuff. Hoe is your bed rest? that stinks. I am sorry, but glad you got a laptop!
Are you due soon? I hope everything goes awsome towards the end.

Cami said...

What a doll Kik! I especially love the one with her standing on your porch with her arms out. She is so full of personality!

Kimmers said...

Kiki, that dress is so beautiful. I wish that I had things like that, but I don't. I have tagged you on my blog, please check it out and tag your own. Hope you are feeling great. Love ya!!

Oportos said...

SOOOOO ADORABLE! Love the pics.
Terra

Kenn and Natalie said...

I've never seen so many ruffles! I love it though. I love the picture of her looking down so you can see her never-ending eyelashes! She is so pretty! She is such a fun sweet girl.

sgwinfrey said...

I love that you all did this, I saw this over on Dana's blog, it's so sweet. What a special dress I hope you keep it in your family forever.

Booshwick said...

BUGIIGIIGIGIGIGIGIGIGIGI!!!! That Karmy Warmy is friggen off the chizain cute!!!