On Sunday Carma got it into her head that she NEEDED a Winnie the Pooh, Tiger, Dolly and Piglet's house (in that order, that is how she said it at least a MILLION times). I told her "NO" over and over again. She honestly kept it up for about an hour straight and then 4 or 5 hours on and off after the break down. I recorded her b/c it was so hilarious (at first), I mean if I were half as persistent as she was at something I wanted I could be a millionaire or really skinny or President .... Her ideas of HOW she would get what she wanted were equally as impressive.
I said "NO Carma, we can't go. First of all it is Sunday, Second, you don't have money, Third, You didn't earn a toy and you aren't getting one for nothing and Forth I can't go to the store b/c I am sick (bedrest)". Here are some of her replies:
"I will carry you to the store"
"Come on mommy (in her cheer leading voice) You can do it, I know you can!"
"It will be fun mommy, I promise, you will have fun!"
"I will take you in my magic chair"
"I do have money in my car" She then runs to the van and brings me two pennies..HAHAH, she is so cute!
"I can drive by myself like this" hands moving up and down in driving motion..kind of. haha
"I will drive by myself" She gets into the van and buckles up. Then realizing that I am not going and she isn't going anywhere we start ALL over again with the "Come on mommy, come wis me"
After finally realizing that it isn't working and the magic chair isn't working she had a break down... but not for long. She put a smile back on her face and went right to work again... she is AMAZING! I mean she has taken OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE DISORDER to a whole new level.
16 comments:
that is soooo funny! i like the magic chair comment! lol! what the heck is that? or "i will carry you." even funnier! i would have been tempted to buy it for her just b/c she is too cute! hee hee
i just realized you have 30 comments about your maternity pics. can i say "i told you so????" i can't believe you even have that many readers on your blog!! the most comments i ever have is like 6. LAME-O.
This so sounds like my kids!! Carter doesn't quit either, it must be the age. Those 30 comments were well deserved my dear! Did I mention that I still love your hair too by the way? So cute.
That. Would. Drive. Me. Nuts.
Our 4-year-old foster child was like that. He would get upset if we were stuck in traffic on 1-15 and tell me to "just drive faster, Mom." Over. And over. And over.
He kept telling me he could just get out of the car and push it fast because he was Dash Incredible. I finally told him to "go ahead" because I had tried everything my superpowers could do.
Then, he was just quiet. Bliss...
I'm so glad you figure out how to put the video on. That's so funny! I love her matter-of-fact voice & her big puppy eyes! Let's hope her determination comes handy when it comes to do homework or something useful when she's older! I love you Carma!
that is really cute! and your pictures are preciouse! you will be so happy you did them. I did not leave a comment down there cause I was afraid I'd get lost in the 30 comments...holy cow. are you the popular girl in blogger land? well you are always so happy and bubbly how could you not be. I hope bed rest is not too bad. hugs.
hee, i love little kids, they're so cute in their persistence. carma is adorable. i'd totally buy her a piglet house.
awwwww. its SO cute!
That's it, I'm going to Wal-Mart right now to buy piglet tails for that cute girl!
Man I love that girl!!! I can't stop watching the video over and over again. How can you say no to that? :) It seriously makes me want to go out and buy the toys and mail them to her. :)
Hey Kiki! I got your blog address from Linda Winegar's blog (hope it's okay). Our blog is breakwell.blogspot.com...please check it out for our latest. Carma seems like such a funny kid. Your pictures really were beautiful and sweet too. I totally know how you are probably feeling at the end of your pregnancy since I've just gone through all that...hang in there! I look forward to when I can see you (and not just smile and wave from a distance at church)and we can catch up! I hope that the rest of your pregnancy and delivery goes as smoothly as possible! Take Care.
ha! I just noticed that you had already added us to your blog. I feel loved. :)
hilarious. She is my most favorite kid on the block. hands down.
oh man....Carma was so funny. I can't even resist...where in Walmart can I find this cute Pooh/Piglet house? She convinced me to buy it for her. LOL I can't wait till the begging starts. It's so adorable! I'm going to fall for all their tricks.
Must be the catchiest tune ever. But ours sing "Glub glub glub glub PBS Kids!" Jonathan said it's "glub" because it's fish bubbles??? I think there's more than one version.
The other day I was singing a tune from a cartoon. Jonathan asked what it was from. I told him. He was at kindergarten while we'd watched it. He said "You mean you WATCHED it with them? Why weren't you cleaning?" Hmmm.
hey kiki,
understand all about kids being persistant, but she is cute about it. I hope you are feeling o.k. lol Marian
LOL! She may be persistent, but she's more than adorable!
Post a Comment