Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas is over.. now what?

This Christmas has been wonderful... long and wonderful. I have to admit that I wondered how it would be a couple of days ago and I was REALLY cussing everything about the holidays... and not one thought about the Savior. (PMS and Christmas stress DOES NOT mix well) I was grateful for the messages given at church and for the Holy Ghost for gently guiding me to remember the true meaning. Ever since then it has been much more enjoyable and I have let some things go.. (still have neighbor gifts waiting to be delivered and my house looks worse than usual. I KNOW, is that even POSSIBLE?? I will assure you that it is... it looks like my flour and sugar containers exploded.

Christmas Eve at the Tolmans is one of my favorite things about Christmas. It is a tradition that I love. We get together and eat cheeses and crackers, breads, veggies, fruits, homemade grape juice. .. all by candle light. I made homemade croissants... YUUUUMMMY! and Rons Artichoke and Chicken soup... also YUUUMMMMY... and both I will keep as a Christmas tradition as well.

The BEST part was when we read the Nativity story and the kids played the part (well, Jaren played the Donkey...hehehe). Judson played a shepherd and Carma played an Angel. It was so sweet when all the grandkids knelt around "baby Jesus"... SO SWEET. Then Larry had us all write a "gift" that we would give to Jesus and we opened the "gift" we gave Him last year... ummm lets just say that I gave the same gift b/c I didn't really give it last year... I didn't even remember what I gave.

Santa came ... actually we saw Rudolph's nose on the way home last night and heard the sleigh coming. We left chocolate and hot cocoa and carrots for the Reindeer. I even caught Santa drinking the cocoa and fixing presents under the tree, I have pictures to prove it. And when we woke up the reindeer took the plate and left carrots all over our porch and POOPED in our grass. (I threw some raisins around on the ground).

As we were driving home last night and heard the sleigh I remembered all the cute things my parents did for us regarding Santa. We got certified North Pole letters from Santa. Another time we had taken a family ride and on the way home we saw Santa and truly heard him! When we arrived home Santa had all of our presents set up in our living room. We were AMAZED! I also remember my dad making this AMAZING doll house. He worked on it for weeks... I think he told us that he was helping Santa make presents, he also made us the cutest doll beds and my mom painted them all cute and made tiny pillows and bed spreads... they were so cute. (even though our kittens spent more time in them then the Barbie's did). I also remember getting Barbie car and Barbie McDonald's... WOW, it was so fun being a kid! Thanks Mom and Dad for being so cute like that... I hope Judson & Carma remember and will cherish their "Santa" memories.

Another new Tolman tradition is that Jaren and April host a brunch at their house on Christmas day. It is cute and a good way to end the stressful "week before Christmas". April makes yummy Gingerbread waffles and crepes we eat ourselves stupid and then play games all day.

I appreciated, loved and ATE all the treats that were given, but I am SO glad that it is all over and hopefully my insulin level can go back to normal. I am SICK of eating.. did I say that??? I am sure when my food digests I will be ready to pig out again. But NO MORE SUGAR!! Starting next year.. hehe

1 comment:

amiee said...

Kiki, I am breaking my son's "dream feeding" time to read and respond to your blog! Hee hee. He was due to eat 15 min ago. Oh well, he will live. I love how you have so many traditions w/ the Tolmans and stuff. I wish we had some. We will have to make our own. I guess that is a nice thing about big families...they seem to do that kind of thing! That still does not make me want more children! (Ok, it does a little bit). I also love how you remember all that stuff about xmas as a child. I have NO MEMORIES of that at all! SAD! I am jealous! I don't know why my memory is so bad! I can't remember anything before 7th grade, I swear. And even then I have trouble. Hmmm. I am so glad you had a great time. And your pics of "Santa Michael" are so cute! Funny about his eyebrows! Kids do say the funniest things...