Um Wow, has it really been this long since I have posted!!
Obviously it is time. My New Years resolution is to update at least once a month, hopefully twice. (Don't tell anyone, but I think it was my resolution last year too)
Here is the gist of what happened last from my Christmas letter that I never sent:
Michael is on his second year at Access Data as a Software
Engineer. He won first place for his “angry bird” costume at work (check it out
on his facebook page). He took 3rd place in his spelling bee getting
thrown off by Ba-nan-a. He serves as the
Eleven year old scout leader in the ward.. it is fun to have him be Judson’s
leader. We celebrated 12 years of marriage this year! Hurray! He is such an
amazing husband and father, I still think of him as my “mission blessing”. I
don’t know what I would do without him. His super power is Patience.
 |
| Our favorite place in the world! Hotel Park City. Celebrating our 12th anniversary! |
 |
| I talked Michael into letting me do this for Halloween. We won $20 from his work costume contest! First place baby. (OK we tied for first, but it sounds better to just say first place.) |
 |
| Michael helping Judson with one of his Arrow of Light requirements. |
I, Kiki, had an exciting year. I was able to have a 10 lb benign
tumor removed from my uterus. (I can think of easier way to lose 10 bls, but
hey, I will take what I can get). Recovery was about 12 weeks and I was
beginning to wonder if it was worth it. But now I am so grateful that I was
able to have that taken out. I feel great and have more energy than before. I
also was able to lose over 60 lbs, so that helps with the energy level as well.
I ran the Las Vegas Ragnar again this year and it was a BLAST. (I think we
should do a family team one year). I am serving as the Relief Society secretary
in our new ward and seeing the blessing from that calling already. Her super
power is Determination.
 |
| Before and After Stevie (my 10 pound tumor). Umm, why didnt' anyone tell me I looked 7 months pregnant? |
 |
| The Las Vegas Ragnar. My Ragnarcisist team was AMAZING! We had so much fun! |
 |
| Michael and Kiki and Dana and Jared sealing to the babies. |
 |
| The Tassin siblings together again. Ben came out on a "mini-mission" to help out one of the youth of his ward. It was so fun to all be together again. |
Judson is 11 and in
the fifth grade. He is growing up so fast that he is almost as tall as me.. I
know, not saying much. He is defiantly a
tween, I am getting more eye rolls than I used to; but he is still a sweet kid
for the most part. I will enjoy the cuddles
while I can get them. (shhh…don’t tell him I told you that he still cuddles).
He is quite the artist and loves to draw and paint. He started taking art lessons in March and we
have seen dramatic improvement. He even won first place in his age group for
the Strawberry Days Art Contest (Check out my blog for some of his art). We are so proud of him for earning his Arrow of Light and loves having Michael as
his scout leader. His super power is Obedience.
 |
| Judson's first day of 5th grade. He and his friend designed the Logo for their School mascot. He is wearing the T-shirt with the Logo. Pretty Cool! |
Carma is 6 and in first grade. When I asked her teacher how
she was doing the second week of school her teacher said “She is driving me
crazy!”. Hahaha! Well, I know, she is a
talker and marches to the beat of her own drum. I guess the apple didn’t fall
far from the tree there. That Michael is a talker…haha. She is doing better in
school now and the teacher has discovered her brilliance. She is the best
reader in her class and reads at a much higher level than the rest of her
class. She was a trooper this year when
she got her tonsils out. I honestly have never met a sweet child than Carma,
she is without guile and such a wonderful example to me of love. Her Superpower
is Love.
 |
| Carma's first day of First Grade. |
 |
| Carma was having a hard time adjusting after our ward split, she only knew one child in her class. So, I had a tea party for her to get to know the other children in the class. It was so cute and fun. |
 |
| Silas's mom captured this picture, it is one of my all time favorites. They are not posing, this is normal behavior. How cute is that? | |
|
Wyatt is three. He is
our baby and doesn’t mind being the baby. When asked if he wants to go on the
potty he says “Nope”. I say “Wyatt do you want to be a big boy or a baby?” He
says “Baby!”. There you have it, he is a
genius. He knows what is up once you “grow up”.
He loves Spiderman. I have never seen a child read books, song books,
magazines, newspapers, coupon books the way he does. His hand reenacting a
scene from Spiderman or some Superhero show. You will have to see my video on
Facebook to know what I mean. It is a crack up. His superpower is Imagination.
 |
| Michael grew these sunflowers in the summer. Look how tiny the kids are next to them. |
 |
| This is my sweet boy. I just can't quit kissing him and when I look at these pictures I know why. He is precious!! |
 |
| Wyatt's thrid birthday party was a Car's Theme. (He wanted Spiderman, but I talked him into Cars b/c I have the feeling that he is going to be into Spiderman for years. He loved it. I had fun making this Mater cake.) |
|
2011 has been good to us. I can’t believe the year is over.
The older I get the faster it goes, and I swear I say that every year. We are
blessed with family, the Gospel of Jesus Christ, health, employment, and so much more. We have
been blessed to have my brother, Timmy, live with us. We love having him here
and my kids adore him. I am so grateful
for the Lord and His hand in our lives. I pray to know his will and have the
courage to live it. I hope to have a stronger relationship with my Father in
Heaven, the older I get the more important I realize that I know nothing and AM nothing without Him. It
is amazing that the older I get, the less I know. I am so grateful to feel the
love of our Savior through this amazing family that I am so blessed to be a
part of. I love all of you so much!! I
hope you have a wonderful Christmas and an even better 2012.
1 comment:
I love that you each have superpowers!
You are awesome.
Post a Comment