







My sister Dana has been waiting to be a mother for 11 years now. That is all she has ever really wanted to be, but it wasn't to be... until NOW! 7 months ago Jared's cousin, Katie, called them and said she knew the Lord wanted them to be the parents of her unborn child. Much to everyone's surprise, two weeks later they found out Katie was expecting twins. Double the joy!
Last week I recieved a call from Dana saying that Katie was in the hospital and that they would try to keep the babies in for as long as possible. The next day she was told they were going to take the babies on Dec 20 due to Baby A's water breaking and being distressed. Dana took the first plane out, unfortunately missing the birth by 2 hours.
Avery Marie was born near 10:00 weighing 3 lbs 15 oz and Makenna Marie weighing 4 lbs 7 oz.
The babies were immediately taken to the NICU, but only after 2 hours Avery, was breathing on her own. A little while later both were. Avery has learned to eat on her own pretty quickly, Makenna is a little slower, but still both babies are healthy and getting stronger. They seem to still be overstimulated very easily, so must only be held only at feedings every 3 hours.
I was able to go up for a couple of days. It was beautiful to see them. You can't even imagine how stinking cute these babies are!!!! They are teeeennnnyy tiny. I have never held babies this small. I felt as if I might break them as I burped them.
I am AMAZED at how calm Dana is about it all. She looks as if she has been a mother forever. She is just a natural. I am so happy for her!!!!!! You can see the contentment and joy on her face. She glows... AND... WHO THE HECK looks this beautiful after having twins???
3 comments:
Congratulations Dana! They are so beautiful! I'm extremely HAPPY for you. What a great Christmas present! Congrats!
That is so wonderful, Kiki! What beautiful babies. And Dada looks like a natural! I am so happy for her!
Yay! This makes me so very happy!
Post a Comment