Friday, March 28, 2008

May He (or she) rest in Peace


Our beloved Lizard, Noah 2, died yesterday. (well as beloved as you can call a pet Lizard) I say "he or she" b/c I am not sure how to look for Lizard genitalia nor do I plan to any time soon! I was sad, but mostly for Judson. He cried but I think he is over it since he is already talking about getting a frog. But he is telling me now that we have to make him a head stone today. So I suppose we will hold the funeral service sometime tonight. It may go something like this:
Noah's life:
Judson caught Noah about 8 months ago in Aunt Cynthia's yard. He was going to give it to Renton who saw if first, but Renton was so dear to let us have it. (THANKS Rachelle!..hehe Just kidding. I didn't mind).
So we hooked him up with a big cage, a warming lights and LOTS of crickets every week. He seemed like a healthy thriving lizard. He would bury himself in the sand when he would sleep.. that was cute.
And I am already out of interesting things to say Noah.. he was kind of a boring, but easy, pet. I don't think he liked us much since he would run away from us and look at me suspiciously when I would talk to him. But none the less, we will miss you Noah! See ya in Heaven b/c all Lizards go to Heaven, right? or does that just apply to dogs?

7 comments:

Nikki Cox said...

Sorry to here about your pet lizard. Hope the frog thing works out better!~

chelon:) said...

so sad :( less work for you now!! you are hilarious. i hope all is well with you and that beautiful family!! xoxo

sgwinfrey said...

I'm so sorry about the lizard, but I did hear all lizards go to Heaven. You are a great Mom to give Judson the chance to take care of a lizard, it takes a special mom to do that.

Sarah Tilley said...

hey, at least noah went peacefully. whe i was a kid i had a pet lizard that got squashed when my sister opened a dresser drawer... woops. :(
i'm looking forward to henry asking for reptilian/amphibian pets, since ben loathes them. he hates dogs, too, the weirdo.

Adhis said...

I once caught a baby lizard and put it in a year with some leaves. I put the jar in my closet.

A few months later, I found the jar when I was cleaning out my closet. I felt so horrible and cruel as I looked at that small little lizard skeleton in the jar.

:::sob::: WE LOVE YOU, NOAH!!!!

teabelly said...

i just laughed out loud on a kinda crappy night! thanks a million!!!!!

Adhis said...

Year? I typed "year" in place of "jar"? Sheesh.

Will I get my vocabulary back immediately after giving birth?