I figure I better post this CUTE picture of Judson before Easter.. since that is in THREE days.. WHAT! This year is flying by already.
Here is the story behind this: In their class they had "Shawn the Leprechaun" come to visit everyday that they were good during the week of St. Patrick's day. If they were rowdy Shawn couldn't come. He would leave little gifts and notes and they wrote notes to him. Cute Idea. Here is what I think is funny. Last year Judson figured out that I was the Easter bunny since I was lazy and put the same kind of treats back in the cabinet and he found them a few weeks later and said "Mom, are you the Easter bunny, b/c those are the same kind of treats he left". hahaha I just cracked up and said what do you think", he said "yeah, I think you are". So, I just figured he wouldn't believe in Santa Clause or anything similar. But he REALLY got excited about Shawn and I wonder what he is going to say this year, since he seems excited about the Easter Bunny.
Funny how we believe in what we want to believe... this still holds true for so many beliefs we may have about ourselves, our lives, about other people, whether good or bad, true or false. Our perception is a big deal in how we choose to live our lives, so it is so important for us to find out what is what our beliefs are and if they are true (and I am not talking about religion, I am talking about what we believe about ourselves, deep down beliefs we may not even be aware of). For example : Do I feel I deserve good things or are undeserving of anything nice, do I believe I am lovable and/or deserve to be loved, do I believe the world is a safe place or scary place, do I believe God is a God of Love and is truly cares for me, or is He is a Punishing God and any minute will just pull the rug from under me, can everyone around me be trusted or should I sleep w/ one eye open. These beliefs are there and can (and do) effect my life and the decisions I make daily. So, if I believe I am lovable, I will be free to accept and give love more easily to everyone and see their true intentions (which I do believe is usually good, just miscommunicated), if I believe God is a truly loving God I can actually trust that He will help me when I ask. The trick is just uncovering what the beliefs are and if they are true or if the are lies that we made up during life, but now seem so real. And that concludes my "soap box" for the day, WOW I don't know where that came from, I didn't intend on writing this today, just came to me and I have been thinking of the importance of being honest with ourselves lately and uncovering the truth, but anyway, I never post such personal thoughts on a public blog, but I feel that I should. I hope I didn't scare y'all away:)
8 comments:
OK I am PIMPL about "shawn the leprechaun"! I told Reuben about it! So funny! I love how he is so into that so easily, and yet just by seeing the same candy figures out you were the Easter Bunny! Ha ha ha that is AWESOME funny! Your other thoughts were very good, too, about our inner beliefs. Personally, I like to sleep with one eye open. Wink wink!
Thank you for the "deep thoughts" by Kiki!! It is so true. I find myself realizing that I sabotage my good eating, exercising, etc. because deep down I don't feel like I deserve to look or feel good. It's one day at a time right? Tomorrow is a new day!! Thanks for the post! We need to get together. Callie was talking about us doing dinner sometime, I am all for it!
Hey I love that you are always thinking like that. Remember when we used to have that self betterment club, or whatever it was? My kids don't beleive in santa, easter bunny, toothfairy...and beleive me I have tried, but I get tired of lying to them.. It started because halli is so litteral and SMART. SHe beleives in God, but when it comes to make beleive, if it doese not make sence, she wont beleive it. She has not beleived since she was 3 and that is the truth. every year I put on this big show and she just laughs at me. it's funny how there little personalities are.
Kiki, you are one amazing person. I love you tons! I can't believe my luck in finding your blog! :) If you'd like to see mine, it is bleylbanter.blogspot.com. Hope to talk to you soon! Love ya, Kat.
I am so glad you found my blog. Where exactly are you living? I think my little Carl (not so little anymore) doesn't believe either but he thinks it is fun and he likes to keep the fantasy alive for his sisters. Plus he likes how happy it makes me to pretend with him. I agree with your thoughts. I have recently been attempting to see the truths about myself. The good along with the areas to be improved. I think it is much harder to see good in ones self rather than the negative. Truth is often skewed by what we want to be true.
April
i believe you're pretty awesome! :)
hey, it's me, s. johnson from t-square. found you on sal's blog. you and your family look great! i'm not sure what my kid believes, just so long as candy or toys are involved, he's totally cool with it.
I love your little leprechaun he's so cute. I love your thoughts on beliefs. I BELIEVE it's important to believe in something. I get so annoyed when I talk to people who don't have 'beliefs' even if your beliefs do change for example due to knew discoveries such as the Easter bunny not being real they are still important to have, does any of what I said make sense?
Juddy's teacher does the cutest things for her class. So cute how excited he was about it.
I loved your post. I already know lots of beliefs that I need to change, it's just so hard to change some of them when they have been ingrained in me for so long.
Post a Comment