Friday, October 24, 2008

He is Here!!





I would like to thank my friend Jamie for taking these AMAZING pictures! She is just starting out her photography "career" and said these were just for practice. PRETTY AMAZING for practice in my opinion.

He is finally here!
Wyatt Eli
8.5 oz 20 in
He is such a cutie!!!
I am doing AWESOME!! Baby is doing EVEN BETTER!! He is THE CUTEST thing I have ever seen. He looks just like Michael, he is SO CUTE!! I wish he had Michael's cute dimple, but no sign of it yet.
He is a natural big mouth nurser, which makes life SO MUCH easier, so far no pain in the breast feeding area, but I am sure it will come. I am waiting for my milk to come in, but he is gulping something down.. he is SO CUTE!! His little round head and black brown eyes just stare at me while I nurse. I love him so much!!
SO the section went well, they couldn't get him out. They had to use forceps and his head is bruised a bit. The Dr had his hand all the way in my stomach and he still couldn't get him, he finally had to turn him around and take him feet first. He swallowed fluid, but he is totally fine. I can't believe how fat he is, he has chubby legs compared to my other two.
The Dr. had a hard time sewing me up b/c my fibroids are so big that he couldn't fit it through the opening and had to sew it inside which made it hard. I bled A LOT. He thought I would need 2 transfusions, but so far so good. I feel fine. He is so funny, he basically told me next time I have a baby he wont be around and started naming other doctors for me to go to b/c he was having such a hard time with the surgery---and he has been doing this for 30 years. He is an AMAZING Doctor. He cracks me up! He was cracking jokes the entire time... we were all laughing the entire C-section. He said I will look 8 months pregnant for a while, I hope he is joking but so far it doesn't look good. He said he never wants to see another fibroid again after my surgery.

It is SO fun holding him and having him cuddle me and nurse. It is the sweetest thing in the entire world!!
I am so grateful to Heavenly Father for answering my prayers and for this amazing blessing!! That we are all OK and healthy, and for WONDERFUL family and friends.

34 comments:

Katy said...

Kiki, those pictures are so beautiful. How awesome that you will always have those to remind you of the first hours with Wyatt. Tender moments for sure.

He is an adorable baby. I can't wait to meet him!

Mitsy said...

Congratulations!! Oooooh, he is so handsome!! Your pics are absolutely precious and I'm so happy for you! I'm glad that everything went well and that you are both doing good! The name you chose is adorable and he really does look just like Michael! So fun! Well, I sure do love you guys and am so happy that you have a new healthy little boy. Let me know how your recovery goes.

Yoli said...

Congratulations! He is precious. I'm so glad he is finally here. It was a long 9 months. I can't wait to meet him in person. Love you guys!

Kaysha Alesa said...

Congrats!!! What awesome pics too. I miss you Kiki.

Kenn and Natalie said...

okay so you didn't have to make me cry! I'm so happy for you and glad that everything went well. As I read your post, it all came back. It is so special to add a precious new baby to the family. Yes, that is why I have 5 so close...crazy! Anyway, I can't wait to see him in about a month! Love ya and congrats!

Carl and April said...

What a handsome guy!!!! You look great! I am so happy for you, I kept looking at your blog to see if he had been born and here he is. I am sorry I could not see you when we were in town, it was all scheduled and very busy. Next time I am there I want to see you and your beautiful family. Of course, you are welcome to come to SC to see us, we have great beaches!

Englishfam said...

Kiki we had "fabulous friday" tonight and were talking about you for some reason I can't remember and wondering if you had had your baby yet. I come home and see the beautiful little boy!! Yay!! He is seriously one of the cutest newborns I have ever seen. Congrats!

NOBODY said...

He is BEAUTIFUL. The picture of his face, I looked at it and thought, "that is Michael!" and then you said he looks just like him. He looks like a little chubbers too. I love, love, LOVE the pictures. Jamie is amazing.
You look great too. I'm so glad everything went well. I've been waiting anxiously to see that cute little pumpkin.
Love the name.
And the initials!!! Just today Bo was telling me about a boy named Eli and I thought, "I really love that name" and told him that we almost named him Eli. Now he's mad we named him Bo.

NOBODY said...

Wyatt is condusive to many cute nicknames. :)

Charlene said...

Yeah! He's here! I kept wondering if he had arrived! Congratulations on your beautiful Wyatt! How exciting to have a newborn in the house! Can't wait to meet him! luvs

Kat said...

Congratulations! Those pictures are absolutely adorable! Your friend did a great job. I am so glad to hear that everything went well. He is truly a great looking kid. We were just talking about you and wondering if you had had your baby yet tonight at Fabulous Friday. :) Love you!

Sarah Tilley said...

yeah! what a cute little guy! and you look great, too! i love the name wyatt. you can call him super why. just kidding. :)

a said...

Congrats! He is so cute! I'm so excited for you, glad everything went well.

Cami said...

Congratulations Kiki and Michael(we don't want to leave him out)! Wyatt is adorable! The pictures are great! I love the one of you holding him, Kiki...precious! I also love the one of the back of his head, you never thing to take a picture of that, but how sweet.

I'm sure there has been a sigh of relief, the surgery sounded more complicated than your usual section. What a blessing good doctors are. I am so happy for you!

Adhis said...

THOUGHT 1: Already?? Didn't you just get pregnant? Man, time flies!

THOUGHT 2: Feet first????? (faint)

THOUGHT 3: Congrats Kiki!

Heather said...

Yeah! He is so adorable and so round already. That is almost as big as Ty was! I love it! I am glad all went well. Did they take out your fibroids? Enjoy, those baby moments. It almost makes me baby hungry!

Lisa said...

Congratulations, Kiki!! What a beautiful baby, and those pictures!! Holy cow! I'm glad all is well.

Anonymous said...

Ki Ki,

He is adorable--congratulations from our family down south. Love the name too :)

chelon:) said...

he is sooooo beautiful!! congrats girl...you look great too! miss you and love you

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! He is so beautiful ... and so are you! I linked to you from Nobody's blog and I'm so glad I did. I hope that you are all doing great ... your other kiddies must be loving little Wyatt.

Mary said...

Congratulations you guys!! We are so excited for you. Wyatt is beautiful. I'm so glad everyone is safe and happy.

Kristen said...

Congrats, Congrats, Congrats!!! He looks beautiful, can't wait to see him in person. Glad you are doing good call me if I can help in anyway!!

The Breakwell Family said...

Congratulations! The baby is beautiful and we are so glad that you are doing so well. Hope for a speedy recovery for you and we look forward to seeing you and baby Wyatt when things have settled down. Take Care!

. said...

congrats to ou guys! I am so happy that all went well, he is beautiful, can't wait for more pics, these are great! you are so lucky you had your friend there.

Naomi said...

CONGRATULATIONS Kiki! He is so adorable and I'm so glad that mom and baby boy are doing well. Sounds like you are quite the trooper! Well, anyway, congrats . . . I'm so excited for you and your family!

Griffin Family said...

Yeah he is finally here!!! Congrats to all of you!! I can't wait to see him!!

Anonymous said...

Kiki,

I'm so glad that you are both doing well. He is beautiful, and you look wonderful. Love to the family. Hope to talk to you soon.

Love,
Courtney

Christi said...

How Wonderful! I'm so glad things are well and Wyatt is adorable. Great pictures. It almost makes me want to have another one....almost.

Kristen said...

Oh my... he's beautiful. Those pictures are amazing. And what a miracle. I hope you recover quickly. I was going to make the same joke about Super Why - after your PBS thing you posted earlier, that's GOTTA be where you got the name from. Okay maybe not, but it's so cute. What a beautiful family. Get some rest and hang in there!

Oportos said...

Yeah I'm number 30 on the list. I am so glad you made it out ok and that you have this new little chubby package to enjoy. Savour every minute!
love ya terra

Thank heaven for little girls said...

Congratulations! He is so amazing! You just want to squeeze him! Almost makes me want to have more. I said Almost! LOL.

Jacobson Five said...

Congratulations. Very very cute baby. The pictures are amazing. You look great, I'm glad everything went well. Best of luck with everything.

Jolley's said...

ohhhh so cute! Congrats Kiki! I'm so happy for you!! BTW, those pics of Wyatt in is Halloween costume are hilarious! Love it!

Renee said...

Congratulations Kiki! I"m so glad everything went well, and he is absolutely adorable. I need to come visit and bring mama and baby some goodies!